New Hampshire Foreclosure Law Legal Information Disclaimer
The information about New Hampshire Foreclosure law and other legal information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; FRAUD STOPPERS and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.
Readers of this website should contact their attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular legal matter. No reader, user, or browser of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this site without first seeking legal advice from counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Only your individual attorney can provide assurances that the information contained herein – and your interpretation of it – is applicable or appropriate to your particular situation. Use of, and access to, this website or any of the links or resources contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader, user, or browser and website authors, contributors, contributing law firms, or committee members and their respective employers.
The views expressed at, or through, this site are those of the individual authors writing in their individual capacities only – not those of their respective employers, FRAUD STOPPERS, or committee/task force as a whole. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this posting is provided “as is;” no representations are made that the content is error-free.
To get instant access to an affordable competent attorney click here
New Hampshire Foreclosure Law
New Hampshire Foreclosure Law
– Judicial Foreclosure Available: Yes
– Non-Judicial Foreclosure Available: Yes
– Primary Security Instruments: Deed of Trust, Mortgage
– Timeline: Varies by Process; Typically 60 days
– Right of Redemption: None
– Deficiency Judgments Allowed: Yes
In New Hampshire, lenders may foreclose on a mortgage or deed of trust in default by using either the judicial or non-judicial foreclosure processes or any of the following special methods: Entry under Process, Entry and Publication or Possession and Publication.
New Hampshire Judicial Foreclosure
In New Hampshire, the judicial process of foreclosure is very similar to that of the strict foreclosure process used in other New England states. The New Hampshire judicial foreclosure process is one in which the lender must file a complaint against the borrower and obtain a decree of sale from a court having jurisdiction in the county where the property is located before foreclosure proceedings can begin. Generally, if the court finds the borrower in default, they will give them a set period of time to pay the delinquent amount, plus costs. If the borrower does not pay within the set period of time, the court will then order the property to be sold. Anyone may bid at the foreclosure sale, including the lender.
New Hampshire Non-Judicial Foreclosure
The New Hampshire non-judicial process of foreclosure is used when a power of sale clause exists in a mortgage or deed of trust. A “power of sale” clause is the clause in a deed of trust or mortgage, in which the borrower pre-authorizes the sale of property to pay off the balance on a loan in the event of the their default. In deeds of trust or mortgages where a power of sale exists, the power given to the lender to sell the property may be executed by the lender or their representative, typically referred to as the trustee. Regulations for this type of foreclosure process are outlined below in the “Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines”.
Power of Sale Foreclosure Guidelines
If the deed of trust or mortgage contains a power of sale clause and specifies the time, place and terms of sale, then the specified procedure must be followed. Otherwise, the non-judicial power of sale foreclosure is carried out in the following phases:
A notice of sale must be recorded in the county where the property is located and then: 1) mailed to the borrower at least twenty-five (25) days before the sale; and 2) published once a week for three (3) weeks, with the first publication appearing not less than twenty (20) days before the sale, in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the property is located.
The notice should contain the time, date and place of sale, a description of the property and the default, as well as a “warning” to the borrower, informing him the property is going to be sold and what rights he has to stop the procedure.
The New Hampshire foreclosure sale must be held on the property itself, unless the power of sale clause specifies a different location.
Special Methods of Foreclosure
- Entry under Process – The lender may foreclose by entering the property under process of law and maintaining actual possession of the property for one year.
- Entry and Publication – By peaceable entry onto the property and continued, actual, peaceable possession for a period of one year, and by a publishing a notice stating the time of possession, the lender and borrowers name, the date of the mortgage and a description of the property in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the property is located. The notice must be published for three (3) successive weeks, with the first publication appearing at least six (6) months before the borrowers right to redeem has expired.
- Possession and Publication – By the lender in possession of the property publishing a notice stating that from and after a certain day, the property will be held for default of the mortgage and the borrowers rights to the property will be foreclosed. Said notice must be published in a newspaper printed in the county where the property is located for three (3) successive weeks and must give the borrower and lenders name, the date of the mortgage, a description of the property and the lenders intention to hold possession of the property for at least one (1) year.
Borrowers have no rights of redemption when any of the three (3) special methods of foreclosure are used.
Foreclosure Rescue Scam Alert
If you are currently experiencing difficultly with a mortgage or foreclosure FRAUD STOPPERS recommends that you get the help of a local competent attorney, and you get formal legal education to protect yourself from foreclosure rescue scams, mortgage fraud and foreclosure fraud.
To get instant access to an affordable local attorney click here
If you or someone you know is currently experiencing difficulty with a mortgage loan, late on mortgage payments due to COVID-19 or other financial hardship conditions, or you are currently facing foreclosure, or you have already lost a property to foreclosure, take action right now and register for a FREE MORTGAGE FRAUD ANALYSIS & CONSULTATION CALL so we can help you can get the facts and help to get the legal remedy and justice the law entitles you to!
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA can help you save time and money and increase your odds of success fighting mortgage fraud & foreclosure fraud with
· Mortgage fraud audits & investigations,
· Custom court ready legal documents,
· Legal education & training,
· Attorney Network,
· Credit Repair,
· Bankruptcy Documents,
· Short Sale and Short Sale Leaseback and Short Sale Buyback Options,
· Private Equity Refinance and Traditional Refinance Options,
· No Money Down Loan Modification and Do It Yourself Loan Modification Options,
· Work at Home Referral Affiliate Income Opportunities,
· and much more!
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA uncovers mortgage fraud, legal violations and errors, breaches of contract, clouded title or broken chain of title issues, and tortuous conduct in 9 out of 10 loans we examine. Therefore, the odds are very good that you may have legal options available that you can use to create leverage save your home from foreclosure and to get a super settlement and the outcome you’re looking for.
If you or someone you know has taken out a mortgage loan in the past 20 years chances are very good that your mortgage loan contains fraud and legal errors and violations that could give you legal standing to sue for financial compensation, a principal reduction and reduction in interest rate, clear and marketable title to your property, cash settlement, or combination of all of these potential outcomes.
Take advantage of the mortgage fraud and foreclosure fraud mortgage lenders and loan servicers are routinely committing and get the facts and help you need to get the legal remedy the law entitles you too and that you deserve by registering for a FREE MORTGAGE FRAUD ANALYSIS & CONSULTATION CALL
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA Foreclosure Defense & Mortgage Fraud Litigation Products and Services. Save Money on Legal Documents, Mortgage Fraud Audits, and Turnkey Quiet Title and Wrongful Foreclosure Packages, and a Whole Lot More!
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA is the #1 Company for Hybrid Legal Foreclosure Services. Stop foreclosure and sue the bank for mortgage fraud, quiet title, or wrongful foreclosure. FRAUD STOPPERS has a proven way to help you save time and money, and increase your odds of success, getting the legal remedy you deserve. We offer full litigation support for Pro Se Litigants, Attorney Referrals, Expert Witness Testimony, Legal Education and More.
Join FRAUD STOPPERS right now and make the banks pay you to go away with these products and services:
- Mortgage Fraud Investigations
- Bloomberg Securitization Audits
- Mortgage Forensic Audits
- Robo-Signing Audits
- Chain of Title Investigations
- Custom Court Ready Legal Documents & Forms
- Trail Ready Evidence & Exhibits
- Expert Witness Affidavits
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Pro Se Legal Education & Training
- Pro Se Paralegal Support
- Dedicated Attorney Network
- Professional Mediation Services
- Bankruptcy Documents
- Private Investor Programs
- Credit Repair
- Income Opportunities
- And more!
Your FRAUD STOPPERS Membership includes:
- A Mortgage Fraud Analysis
- A UCC mortgage fraud report (if applicable)
- A Potential Cause of Action Consultation
- Powerful Administrative Documents
- A Turnkey Federal FDCPA Lawsuit
- How to Win Quiet Title & Foreclosure Defense Training Videos
- And 3 Bonus Reports that reveal Inside Banking Secrets, like
- How Table Funded Loans Really Work,
- How Best to Respond to a Notice of Default,
- Methods Banks Use to Control Judges,
- Information on Quiet Title & Free Houses,
- Winning Court Strategies,
- Winning Cases,
- and More!
Your FRAUD STOPPERS mortgage fraud analysis can help you determine if your mortgage loan contains legal violations, breaches of contract, or fraud that could result in you having the legal standing to sue for financial compensation, quiet title (clear and free title to your home), or both!
When you join FRAUD STOPPERS you get a Mortgage Fraud Analysis Conducted by a licensed private investigator, who specializes in mortgage fraud and chain of title issues, looking for legal violations and breaches of contract found in your loan
Your mortgage fraud analysis includes a Bloomberg Securitization Search, and a comprehensive examination for violations of the Federal Uniform Commercial Code and Local Laws of Jurisdiction regarding the possible improper Negotiation, Transfer, and Delivery of the mortgage loan contract throughout the securitization process.
If you want to stop foreclosure, sue for quiet title or wrongful foreclosure, or get great loan modification or settlement agreement, FRAUD STOPPERS can help you save time and money, and increase your odds of success, Guaranteed. Join FRAUD STOPPERS PMA right now at www.fraudstoppers.org/pma
Help us play it forward and make money helping other people get the legal remedy they deserve by joining our referral affiliate programs. You can make money promoting:
Mortgage Fraud & Foreclosure Defense Products & Services
The opportunity you have to earn great money helping your fellow Americans is unheard-of!
2 referrals a day for our credit repair program would earn you $54,750/year
2 referrals a day for the How to Win in Court education program would earn you $82,200/year
2 referrals a day for our joint venture wrongful foreclosure program could pay you more than $500,000/year
There’s never been a better time to fight for justice and make money doing it. For more information go to: https://www.fraudstoppers.org/referrals