Maryland Foreclosure Law Legal Information Disclaimer
The information about Maryland Foreclosure law and other legal information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; FRAUD STOPPERS and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.
Readers of this website should contact their attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular legal matter. No reader, user, or browser of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this site without first seeking legal advice from counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Only your individual attorney can provide assurances that the information contained herein – and your interpretation of it – is applicable or appropriate to your particular situation. Use of, and access to, this website or any of the links or resources contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader, user, or browser and website authors, contributors, contributing law firms, or committee members and their respective employers.
The views expressed at, or through, this site are those of the individual authors writing in their individual capacities only – not those of their respective employers, FRAUD STOPPERS, or committee/task force as a whole. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this posting is provided “as is;” no representations are made that the content is error-free.
To get instant access to an affordable competent attorney click here
Maryland Foreclosure Law
Maryland Foreclosure Law
– Judicial Foreclosure Available: Yes
– Non-Judicial Foreclosure Available: Yes, with restrictions
– Primary Security Instruments: Deed of Trust, Mortgage
– Timeline: Typically 90 days
– Right of Redemption: No
– Deficiency Judgments Allowed: Yes
In Maryland, lenders may foreclose on a mortgage or deed of trust in default using either the judicial, assent to decree, or non-judicial foreclosure process.
Maryland Judicial Foreclosure
In cases where the security instrument contains neither a power of sale nor an assent to a decree, a lender must file a complaint against the borrower and obtain a decree of sale from a court having jurisdiction in the county where the property is located before Maryland foreclosure proceedings can begin. The court will then determine whether a default has occurred.
If the court finds that a default has occurred it shall: 1) fix the amount of the debt, interest, and costs then due; and 2) provide a reasonable time within which payment may be made. The court may order that if payment is not made within the time fixed in the order, the property must be sold to satisfy the debt.
Assent To Decree Maryland Foreclosure
Assent to a decree foreclosure is used when a provision in the security document declares an assent to the entry of an order for the sale of the property upon a specified default. Lenders who use the assent to decree foreclosure must file a complaint to foreclose. However, it is not necessary for a hearing to be held prior to the Maryland foreclosure sale.
Maryland Non-Judicial Foreclosure
The Maryland non-judicial process of foreclosure is used when a power of sale clause exists in a mortgage or deed of trust. A “power of sale” clause is the clause in a deed of trust or mortgage, in which the borrower pre-authorizes the sale of property to pay off the balance on a loan in the event of the their default. In deeds of trust or mortgages where a power of sale exists, the power given to the lender to sell the property may be executed by the lender or their representative, typically referred to as the trustee.
Despite the permission given in the power of sale clause, lenders in Maryland must still file an order to docket before foreclosure proceedings can begin. However, it is not necessary for a hearing to be held prior to the Maryland foreclosure sale.
Maryland Foreclosure Guidelines
Unless otherwise stated in the original loan document or ordered by the court, the following guidelines must be adhered to in any Maryland foreclosure proceedings:
- A notice of sale must be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the property resides at least once a week for three (3) successive weeks, with the first publication to be not less than fifteen (15) days prior to sale and the last publication to be not more than one week prior to sale. The notice of sale must also be sent by certified and by registered mail, not more than thirty (30) days and not less than ten (10) days before the date of the sale, to the borrower at their last known address.
- The sale must be conducted by the person authorized to make the sale (i.e. trustee, sheriff) and may take place immediately outside the courthouse entrance, on the property itself or the location advertised in the notice of sale, if different. The terms of the sale vary by process.
- If the sale is postponed, notice of the new date of sale shall be published in the manner the original notice of sale was given.
- Within thirty (30) days after the sale, the person authorized to make the sale must file a complete report of the sale with the court. The clerk of the court will then issue a notice containing a brief description to identify the property and stating that the sale will be ratified unless cause to the contrary is shown within 30 days after the date of the notice. A copy of the notice shall be published at least once a week in each of three successive weeks before the expiration of the 30-day period in one or more newspapers of general circulation in the county in which the report of sale was filed.
- Lenders have a period of three (3) years to file for a deficiency judgment, but it is limited to the balance of the loan in default after the foreclosure sale proceeds have been applied.
Foreclosure Rescue Scam Alert
The following information and viewpoint is a personal opinion and deeply held religious belief of the author; and is shared with the sole intent to help homeowners & borrowers who may be facing foreclosure or who are currently experiencing financial hardship or difficulty with a mortgage avoid foreclosure traps, pitfalls, and swindles.
Avoid Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners At All Cost
Leading industry sources report that Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners and other get rich quick scam websites has been discovered to be the biggest conman and scam artist scamming innocent homeowners by selling a worthless appraisal fraud audit, for as much as $7500, that cannot be used in a court of law. Sources say that Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners is a known charlatan scam Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners and that he has been caught red handed pretending to be a lawyer.
Storm Bradford has spread lies and rumors about FRAUD STOPPERS stating that FRAUD STOPPERS is scamming homeowners with lies and disinformation, and this is the reason FRAUD STOPPERS is forced to respond to this known scammer and his smear campaign.
Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners has been reported to the Rip-off Report and to the Virginia Bar Association and the Virginia Attorney Generals office for perpetrating this ongoing fraud to scam homeowners. If you live in or you have a Foreclosure do not risk losing your home and your money by getting scammed by Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners. Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners is a known banking shill who makes money buying and selling securitized mortgages and reverse mortgages to and from the too-big-to-fail-banks that have defrauded millions of American homeowners out of their live savings and the properties, while he simultaneously spread lies and misinformation about companies trying to help homeowners fight to save their homes from foreclosure.
Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners have been caught racketeering and blackmailing competitors for money in exchange to stop spreading lies and rumors about them. Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners not only bad mouths all of his competitors, and spreads lies and disinformation about them, but even more disturbing is that he then tries to blackmail them for money to stop his hate campaign. Storm (Norman) Bradford of the Mortgage Fraud Examiners are scamming homeowners with lies and disinformation while making money buying and selling mortgages to and from the too-big-to-fail-banks, while peddling a worthless appraisal fraud audit to innocent homeowners out of hard earned money. Do not fall victim to this know scam artist. Get the help of a local attorney and learn how to fight to save your home from foreclosure with legal education, court ready evidence and FRAUD STOPPERS PMA.
Storm Bradford and the Mortgage Fraud Examiners are not the only scams to avoid, however they are among the most expensive foreclosure rescue scams to avoid.
If you are facing foreclosure or you are currently experiencing difficulty with your mortgage loan FRAUD STOPPERS recommends that you get the help of a local licensed attorney and if you want instant affordable access to a local attorney click here
If you or someone you know is currently experiencing difficulty with a mortgage loan, late on mortgage payments due to COVID-19 or other financial hardship conditions, or you are currently facing foreclosure, or you have already lost a property to foreclosure, take action right now and register for a FREE MORTGAGE FRAUD ANALYSIS & CONSULTATION CALL so we can help you can get the facts and help to get the legal remedy and justice the law entitles you to!
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA can help you save time and money and increase your odds of success fighting mortgage fraud & foreclosure fraud with
· Mortgage fraud audits & investigations,
· Custom court ready legal documents,
· Legal education & training,
· Attorney Network,
· Credit Repair,
· Bankruptcy Documents,
· Short Sale and Short Sale Leaseback and Short Sale Buyback Options,
· Private Equity Refinance and Traditional Refinance Options,
· No Money Down Loan Modification and Do It Yourself Loan Modification Options,
· Work at Home Referral Affiliate Income Opportunities,
· and much more!
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA uncovers mortgage fraud, legal violations and errors, breaches of contract, clouded title or broken chain of title issues, and tortuous conduct in 9 out of 10 loans we examine. Therefore, the odds are very good that you may have legal options available that you can use to create leverage save your home from foreclosure and to get a super settlement and the outcome you’re looking for.
If you or someone you know has taken out a mortgage loan in the past 20 years chances are very good that your mortgage loan contains fraud and legal errors and violations that could give you legal standing to sue for financial compensation, a principal reduction and reduction in interest rate, clear and marketable title to your property, cash settlement, or combination of all of these potential outcomes.
Take advantage of the mortgage fraud and foreclosure fraud mortgage lenders and loan servicers are routinely committing and get the facts and help you need to get the legal remedy the law entitles you too and that you deserve by registering for a FREE MORTGAGE FRAUD ANALYSIS & CONSULTATION CALL
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA Foreclosure Defense & Mortgage Fraud Litigation Products and Services. Save Money on Legal Documents, Mortgage Fraud Audits, and Turnkey Quiet Title and Wrongful Foreclosure Packages, and a Whole Lot More!
FRAUD STOPPERS PMA is the #1 Company for Hybrid Legal Foreclosure Services. Stop foreclosure and sue the bank for mortgage fraud, quiet title, or wrongful foreclosure. FRAUD STOPPERS has a proven way to help you save time and money, and increase your odds of success, getting the legal remedy you deserve. We offer full litigation support for Pro Se Litigants, Attorney Referrals, Expert Witness Testimony, Legal Education and More.
Join FRAUD STOPPERS right now and make the banks pay you to go away with these products and services:
- Mortgage Fraud Investigations
- Bloomberg Securitization Audits
- Mortgage Forensic Audits
- Robo-Signing Audits
- Chain of Title Investigations
- Custom Court Ready Legal Documents & Forms
- Trail Ready Evidence & Exhibits
- Expert Witness Affidavits
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Pro Se Legal Education & Training
- Pro Se Paralegal Support
- Dedicated Attorney Network
- Professional Mediation Services
- Bankruptcy Documents
- Private Investor Programs
- Credit Repair
- Income Opportunities
- And more!
Your FRAUD STOPPERS Membership includes:
- A Mortgage Fraud Analysis
- A UCC mortgage fraud report (if applicable)
- A Potential Cause of Action Consultation
- Powerful Administrative Documents
- A Turnkey Federal FDCPA Lawsuit
- How to Win Quiet Title & Foreclosure Defense Training Videos
- And 3 Bonus Reports that reveal Inside Banking Secrets, like
- How Table Funded Loans Really Work,
- How Best to Respond to a Notice of Default,
- Methods Banks Use to Control Judges,
- Information on Quiet Title & Free Houses,
- Winning Court Strategies,
- Winning Cases,
- and More!
Your FRAUD STOPPERS mortgage fraud analysis can help you determine if your mortgage loan contains legal violations, breaches of contract, or fraud that could result in you having the legal standing to sue for financial compensation, quiet title (clear and free title to your home), or both!
When you join FRAUD STOPPERS you get a Mortgage Fraud Analysis Conducted by a licensed private investigator, who specializes in mortgage fraud and chain of title issues, looking for legal violations and breaches of contract found in your loan
Your mortgage fraud analysis includes a Bloomberg Securitization Search, and a comprehensive examination for violations of the Federal Uniform Commercial Code and Local Laws of Jurisdiction regarding the possible improper Negotiation, Transfer, and Delivery of the mortgage loan contract throughout the securitization process.
If you want to stop foreclosure, sue for quiet title or wrongful foreclosure, or get great loan modification or settlement agreement, FRAUD STOPPERS can help you save time and money, and increase your odds of success, Guaranteed. Join FRAUD STOPPERS PMA right now at www.fraudstoppers.org/pma
Help us play it forward and make money helping other people get the legal remedy they deserve by joining our referral affiliate programs. You can make money promoting:
Mortgage Fraud & Foreclosure Defense Products & Services
The opportunity you have to earn great money helping your fellow Americans is unheard-of!
2 referrals a day for our credit repair program would earn you $54,750/year
2 referrals a day for the How to Win in Court education program would earn you $82,200/year
2 referrals a day for our joint venture wrongful foreclosure program could pay you more than $500,000/year
There’s never been a better time to fight for justice and make money doing it. For more information go to: https://fraudstoppers.org/referrals