Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking filed a Cease and Desist Order against Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC
SPRINGFIELD, Ill., Sept. 28 — The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation issued the following news release:
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking (“IDFPR”), filed a Cease and Desist Order (“Order”) against Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC and two other Ocwen-owned licensees in April 2017 alleging unsafe, unsound, and unlawful conduct related to residential mortgage loan servicing activities with Illinois consumers. Specifically, the Order identified a common connecting theme tied to errors in Ocwen’s servicing records maintained on its REALServicing platform, resulting in negative impacts, such as: incorrect or delayed updating of servicing information and payments by consumers; late payment or forced-placement of consumer’s property hazard insurance from escrow accounts; and improper handling of loan transfers in and out of REALServicing.
The IDFPR Order was issued in conjunction with the IDFPR’s extensive participation with other multi-state residential mortgage regulators in examining Ocwen and applying licensing standards, as well as a review of complaints filed by Illinois consumers with the State of Illinois. IDFPR and Ocwen (along with some other state regulators) subsequently entered into a Consent Agreement establishing a framework for Ocwen to ensure improved levels of service to Illinois consumers. The key requirements of the agreement (officially the “Consent Order”) are as follows:
* Restricts Ocwen from acquiring any Illinois residential mortgage servicing rights (MSRs) until April 30, 2018;
* Restricts Ocwen from boarding any new Illinois residential mortgage loans onto the REALServicing platform at any time (loans existing on the platform may only be modified and/or refinanced);
* Permits Ocwen to originate new Illinois residential mortgage loans if boarded to servicing platforms other than REALServicing;
* Commits Ocwen to developing a detailed Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) for the transfer of all Illinois residential mortgage loans currently on REALServicing to other servicing platform(s) to enable Ocwen to comply with applicable mortgage servicing standards;
* Commits Ocwen to employing an independent third-party auditor to review a representative sample of escrowed loans on REALServicing serviced by Ocwen between January 1, 2013, and June 30, 2017.
* Commits Ocwen to providing IDFPR a quarterly report through third-quarter 2019 identifying all Illinois consumer complaints made to Ocwen and the resolutions thereof.
More information regarding the Cease and Desist Order may be found HERE (http://idfpr.com/Banks/RESFIN/Discipline/2017/2017-MBR-CD-01.pdf).
A copy of the Consent Order may be found HERE (http://idfpr.com/Banks/RESFIN/Discipline/2017/2017-MBR-CD-01-b.pdf).
If you are in foreclosure or you have lost your home to foreclosure and you want to sue for mortgage fraud or foreclosure fraud, FRAUD STOPPERS PMA can help you save time and money, and increase your odds of success, with a court ready Quiet Title or Wrongful Foreclosure lawsuit package. If you have received a Notice of Default (NOD) or a Foreclosure Notice (Foreclosure Complaint) and you want to know how to respond to the Notice of Default (NOD) or a Foreclosure Notice (Foreclosure Complaint) call FRAUD STOPPERS PMA today because our prove system can help you fight to save your home from foreclosure fraud and/or mortgage fraud. Our court ready Quiet Title Lawsuit Package or Wrongful Foreclosure Lawsuit Packages includes a turnkey complaint (petition for damages), Bloomberg Securitization Audit, Expert Witness Affidavit, Application for Temporary Restraining Order (to stop a foreclosure sale or stop an eviction), Lis Pendens (to cloud the marketability of the title to the real property), and Pro Se education material that can show you how to win a Quiet Title Lawsuit or win a Wrongful Foreclosure Lawsuit. This entire court ready Quiet Title Lawsuit Package or Wrongful Foreclosure Lawsuit Package can help you save thousands of dollars in legal fees and help you increase your odds of success. For payment options or more information on this court ready Quiet Title Lawsuit Package or Wrongful Foreclosure Lawsuit Package please contact FRAUD STOPPERS PMA today at 844.372.8378 or open a case file for a Free Mortgage Fraud Analysis and Bloomberg Securitization Search to see if your current mortgage loan situation qualifies for a Quiet Title or Wrongful Foreclosure lawsuit today.