How to Use Discovery to Win Your Foreclosure Case or Mortgage Fraud Lawsuit
If you want to pursue discovery, you have to follow the rules. The right to demand and enforce discovery does not exist in a vacuum. There are specific rules that provide for specific periods of time in which discovery can be pursued. Think about what you are demanding. the more vague and ambiguous you are, the less effective will be your pursuit of discovery and justice.
To learn more about how to win in Discovery get the How to Win in Court Legal Education Course at https://fraudstoppers.org/education
Here are just a few discovery things to consider:
1. The right to discovery only exists during litigation. You must already be in court. There are very rare exceptions that probably would never apply to foreclosure litigation.
2. During litigation, the right to discovery only exists during the periods of time defined by the rules of the court.
3. The right to pursue discovery generally commences when litigation is started.
4. The right to pursue discovery ends with any court order that cuts off discovery or any judgment entered in that case.
5. The right to enforce discovery demands is subject to the above guidance.
6. Failure to enforce discovery demands is generally treated as a waiver of discovery demands.
7. A court order that refuses to enforce discovery demands is potentially subject to an interlocutory appeal. Consult with local counsel.
8. All discovery demands are required to be focused on the core issues of the case. In foreclosure cases, this means the existence, ownership, and right to administer, collect and enforce an underlying obligation owed to the claimant. Some leniency exists to “fish” for information but only if you can show that the demand might lead to the production of evidence that would be admissible at trial (i.e., related to the core issues of the case).
9. Discovery must be well-drafted and focused on one issue at a time. Compound questions that use words that are subject to interpretation will lead to either a response that avoids the intent of the demand or rejection of a motion to compel a response. For example “proof” can mean anything that the responder considers to be proof. “Evidence” can be anything the responder considers to be evidence. But a canceled check is not subject to interpretation.
10. Motions to compel must be based upon timely well-drafted discovery demands. The motion should establish the question or demand, plus the reason for each paragraph to which the responder did not answer, did not answer fully or raised an objection. A memorandum of law is often helpful along with preparation for oral argument.
11. Motions for sanctions must be based upon the contents of a prior order rendered by that court in the subject action. Such motions should in most cases demand monetary and evidentiary sanctions.
12. In foreclosure cases expect that there will be multiple motions to compel discovery and multiple motions for sanctions.
13. In foreclosure cases in which securitization is stated, implied or suspected, the object is to file a Motion in Limine that prevents the opposition from introducing evidence regarding the existence, ownership or right to administer, collect or enforce any obligation, note or mortgage.
14. The filing of a Motion accomplishes nothing without a hearing in the motion. A notice of hearing must be filed after securing a date and time from the office of the clerk or the judge. The motion and the hearing must conform to the local requirements as to form and content.
15. Preparing a proposed order and find a way for the judge to see it informs the judge of exactly what you are demanding — along with the timing allowed to the other side to correct its response or lack of response. Many times the proposed order will be signed if you’re successful at the hearing. Be proactive. Do not let the opposition prepare the order unless the judge specifically instructs that to be the case.
16. The right to renew a discovery period is within the sole discretion of the court. It must be based upon new events or new evidence that was not previously available. Any such attempt that appears to be an attempt to relitigate the case will be rejected.
17. Conducting discovery without the assistance of local licensed counsel is not likely to succeed. There are many terms of art that are used in the discovery that do not have analogous meaning in everyday life.
18. Don’t be afraid to ask. If the foreclosure case is predicated upon some assertion or implication that a debt was securitized, the likelihood is extremely high that no such thing happened and that the subject underlying obligation, the legal debt, the note, and the mortgage were never sold or purchased in any transaction based upon events in the real world.
19. Lastly and most importantly, please show me evidence that any mortgage payment(s) made to the mortgage loan servicer(s) are actually paying down the mortgage loan debt…. Good luck finding evidence to prove that claim.
Now You Can Unlock the Power of Justice and the Rule of Law with FRAUD STOPPERS
Are you tired of being a victim of financial fraud, seeking the justice and legal remedy you deserve? Look no further – FRAUD STOPPERS is here to empower you with the comprehensive tools and support necessary for success. With a wide range of services tailored to your needs, we are your ultimate ally in the fight against fraud.
FRAUD STOPPERS Arsenal of Solutions includes but is not limited to:
- Audits & Investigations: Our team of skilled professionals will meticulously analyze your case, leaving no stone unturned in uncovering the truth. We employ cutting-edge techniques and resources to expose the fraud and gather irrefutable evidence. We are the only organization (to our knowledge) that can provide you with a Full Level 4 Bloomberg Securitization Audit and all the loan level data and trust information for all Government Sponsored Loans (GSE’s) and loan placed in private trust (shipped off shores) that do not report to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Expert Witness Affidavits & Testimony: Our network of esteemed experts will provide compelling affidavits and testify on your behalf, lending credibility and authority to your case. Their specialized knowledge and experience will strengthen your position in the legal battle.
- Turnkey Litigation Packages: We understand that navigating the complex legal landscape can be overwhelming. That's why we offer comprehensive litigation packages, equipped with all the necessary documents and strategies to mount a strong defense against fraudsters.
- Professional Paralegal Support: Our dedicated paralegals are committed to assisting you every step of the way. They will guide you through the process, offer invaluable insights, and provide crucial administrative support to ensure your case is well-prepared.
- Nationwide Attorney Networks: We have established a vast network of highly skilled attorneys across the country who specialize in fraud cases. Rest assured, you will be connected with a trusted legal expert who is passionate about seeking justice on your behalf.
- Legal Education and Training: At FRAUD STOPPERS, we believe that knowledge is power. That's why we provide comprehensive legal education and training resources, empowering you to understand your rights, navigate the legal system, and make informed decisions throughout your case.
- Debt Settlement Negotiations: Our experienced negotiators will engage with creditors on your behalf, striving to reach favorable debt settlement agreements. We will advocate for your interests, aiming to alleviate the financial burden caused by fraud.
- Private Lending: If you require financial assistance to support your legal battle, our private lending options can provide the necessary funding. Our trusted lending partners offer competitive rates and flexible terms, ensuring you have the resources to fight for justice.
And much more! Save Time, Money, and Increase Your Odds of Success with FRAUD STOPPERS' Proven Products and Programs
If you're serious about getting the legal remedy you deserve, FRAUD STOPPERS has everything you need to succeed while saving time, money, and increasing your odds of success. Our comprehensive range of proven products and programs is designed to streamline the process, maximize efficiency, and deliver results.
Time is of the essence when it comes to combating fraud, and we understand the importance of expediting your case. With our expertise and resources, we can minimize delays and ensure efficient progress. By leveraging our extensive experience in fraud investigations and legal strategies, you can navigate the complexities of the legal system with confidence, saving valuable time in the process.
We also recognize the financial burden that fraud can impose, and we are committed to providing cost-effective solutions. Our competitive rates for services, private lending options, and expert negotiation skills can help you save money while maximizing the value you receive. Rest assured that we strive to optimize your resources, enabling you to fight fraud without breaking the bank.
Partnering with FRAUD STOPPERS significantly increases your odds of success. Our proven track record and extensive network of experienced professionals ensure that you have the best possible resources at your disposal. From expert witness testimonies to strategic litigation packages and effective debt settlement negotiations, our carefully curated products and programs have a track record of achieving favorable outcomes. With FRAUD STOPPERS by your side, you can maximize your chances of holding fraudsters accountable and obtaining the justice you deserve.
By choosing FRAUD STOPPERS, you can save time, save money, and increase your odds of success. Our proven products and programs, combined with our commitment to your cause, empower you to reclaim your future. Take the first step towards justice by completing the form below.
Remember, with FRAUD STOPPERS, you have a trusted partner dedicated to saving you time, money, and increasing your chances of success. Let us fight by your side and help you put an end to fraud once and for all.
Our commitment to your success knows no bounds. We are constantly expanding our services and partnerships to provide you with the most effective tools in the fight against fraud.
Ready to get started?
Simply complete the form below to begin your journey towards justice. Once submitted, check your email inbox or email spam folder for detailed instructions on how to move your file forward.
Remember, you don't have to face fraud alone – FRAUD STOPPERS is here to champion your cause and bring you the justice you deserve.
Join us in the battle against fraud today!
After submission, check your email inbox or spam folder for detailed instructions on how to move your file forward to get the legal remedy you seek and deserve.
LIST OF FORECLOSURE LAWS BY STATE
Get In Touch
Phone / Fax
Phone & Fax: 800-459-1215
Send A Message
THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE MISCONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE. FRAUD STOPPERS is a Private Members Association PMA. FRAUD STOPPERS PMA is NOT a law firm, non-profit organization, or government agency. FRAUD STOPPERS PMA does not operate in the public sector. Although this website is visible to the public FRAUD STOPPERS PMA does not intend for any information contained in this website to be considered as legal advise.
The information about Foreclosure law and other legal information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; FRAUD STOPPERS and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.
Readers of this website should contact their attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular legal matter. No reader, user, or browser of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information on this site without first seeking legal advice from counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Only your individual attorney can provide assurances that the information contained herein – and your interpretation of it – is applicable or appropriate to your particular situation. Use of, and access to, this website or any of the links or resources contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader, user, or browser and website authors, contributors, contributing law firms, or committee members and their respective employers. This site provides “information” about the law and is only designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. But legal information is not the same as legal advice — the application of law to an individual’s specific circumstances.
The views expressed at, or through, this site are those of the individual authors writing in their individual capacities only – not those of their respective employers, FRAUD STOPPERS, or committee/task force as a whole. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this site are hereby expressly disclaimed. The content on this posting is provided “as is;” no representations are made that the content is error-free.
For instant access to an affordable local competent attorney click here